Sometimes building and testing a robot in the physical world is not possible. However, that does not mean that a robot can’t be tested in the virtual world. In this course, students will code a VEX robot using a block-based coding language, then they will see the robot execute that code on their screen in a 3D environment. They will also simulate different scenarios such as having the robot pick up coloured disks or knock down towers of blocks using sensors and magnets.
- Use code to drive a robot on a pre-determined path
- Draw unique shapes using a pen attached to a robot
- Use built-in sensors such as colour and obstacle sensors
- Pick up and drop objects using magnets
- Use advanced coding concepts such as nested loops and functions to code complex behaviours