MIT Online Coding Competition
In this competition, students will create their own Android applications while learning the fundamentals of computer programming. This competition is perfect for children who dream of creating their own apps and sharing them with friends, or publishing them on Google Play Store!
Through 5 online interactive sessions, students will create an array of android apps including games, speech recognizer apps, quiz and survey apps.
By the end of the competition, the top 2 performers will be chosen to represent their region in the App Inventor Competition 2020 Finals in Beirut Lebanon. The AIC 2020 winners receive a fully sponsored trip to MIT Boston to attend the App Inventor Summit and compete against international students for the best app award.
- Learn fundamental computer programming concepts including loops, methods, conditional statements and event broadcasting
- Learn the fundamentals of app user interphase
- Learn the fundamentals of app user experience
- Use multiple user input and output methods
- Build and share apps with users
- Develop sequential thinking skills