Python and Data Science
Date & Time:
Sep 23 - Dec 14
Tue: 5:00-6:30 pm
$ 400/ student
We live in a digital world, and everything is data-driven. There is data science in business, science, engineering, and healthcare and so on. So having the ability to work with data is an essential skill. Data science is also a field with lots of high paying job opportunities. In this course students will write code to analyze data from the real world. Then they will generate several charts and interpret them to answer real-world questions. Ideally, students participating in this course will have a solid background in programming basics.
- Analyze Data:
- Sort and filter raw data
- Create subsets of data
- Understand and calculate basic statistical values such as mean,
- median and standard deviation etc.
- Create relevant and useful plots such as line plots, scatter plots, bar
- graphs, pie charts, histograms etc.
- Communicate the results obtained accurately and with transparency
- and use all the new information obtained to answer any questions they
- might have about their data sets.
- Fundamental coding principles in Python:
- Understand the usefulness of coding libraries and how to use them
- Use loops and conditionals
- Manipulate variables, tables, and lists
- Define their own functions then use them
- Generate and customize their graphical representations of data
- Import and export files into their code