3D Game Development 1
Date & Time:
Sep 23 - Dec 14
Thu: 5:00-6:30 pm
$ 400/ student
Participants will model their games in a custom 3D space by using art and engineering notions to scale, rotate and move objects around. They will then code the interactions, the logic, and the goals of the game using Lua language.
- Understand the fundamentals of efficient game and level design.
- Develop a fair and balanced point system.
- Determine the rules and limitations of the game and planning the game walkthrough.
- Develop a play space in 3D.
- Create a pleasant UI experience.
- Become proficient in Lua.
- Code interactions of objects and players using Lua;
- Understand the power and limitations of object-oriented programming;
- Use complex algorithms and conditionals to deal with every possible user interaction.
- Test, debug and adjust code.
- Publish games online and interact with users to gain feedback and constructive criticism.