Modding with Minecraft
Date & Time:
Sep 23 - Dec 14
Mon: 5:00-6:30 am
$ 400/ student
In this program, students will mine resources and use them to craft complex tools and build their own structures. Through nested loops, nested conditionals and multiple functions, they can alter the game content to have a unique user experience. By building imaginative structures, students will develop an advanced level of critical thinking and learn more about the fundamental principles of coding and programming through engaging in a fun gaming environment.
- Complex coding concepts, such as nested loops and nested conditionals.
- How to create code with multiple functions.
- How to create functions with parameters.
- Sequential thinking to build complex structures.
- How to code player interactions in-game.
- The logic behind debugging their code so that it works as imagined.
- How servers work.
- How to create non-playable characters with specific in-game functions.
- How to create custom items with specific properties.