This course aims at introducing young children to the world of coding and encouraging them to develop their creativity and logical thinking. They will learn the basic principles of programming by using the ScratchJr tablet application where they will code and create their own collages, animated stories and games.
- Add and edit the main components of Scratch such as sprites, backdrops, and event blocks.
- Use basic code blocks in creative ways to create complex animations
- Understand the uses of “broadcast message” blocks to control the flow of code
- Build cohesive projects from beginning to end
- Improve sequential thinking and problem—solving skills
- Become capable of moving on to more extensive coding platforms such as Scratch
Course fees cover:
- 6 hours of live online sessions with Geek Express Certified Trainers
- Geek Express certification accredited by STEM.org & KHDA Dubai
- Final project development
- Digital portfolio access with automatic attendance and progress reporting
- Access to Geek Express APP
Private or Group?
Upon booking the course, you can choose between private or group sessions. Private courses start immediately after you book, at the time and date of your choice. Group classes start directly after 3 students register for the course (Maximum waiting time: 2 weeks)