Code and design your own stories, games, and animations on the platform Scratch Junior. Scratch Junior is a pre-reader-friendly coding platform designed and maintained by MIT Media Lab. It is specifically designed for kids who want to start creating their own projects using code. In this course, you will learn about and use different programming elements like motion blocks, event triggers, and loops. You will then combine these elements to code complete computer programs. These programs will be interactive stories, playful animations, and dynamic games that you can share with your friends and family. By the end of the course, you will be ready for all sorts of new coding adventures!
- Use basic coding blocks in creative ways to create complex animations
- Understand and use basic coding concepts such as event triggers, parallelism, and message broadcasts
- Add and edit the main design elements of a Scratch Junior program such as sprites, backdrops, and sound effects
- Build cohesive programming projects from beginning to end
Course fees cover:
- 6 hours of live online sessions with Geek Express Certified Trainers
- Geek Express certification accredited by STEM.org & KHDA Dubai
- Final project development
- Digital portfolio access with automatic attendance and progress reporting
- Access to Geek Express app
Private or Group?
Upon booking the course, you can choose between private or group sessions. Private courses start immediately after you book, at the time and date of your choice. Group classes start directly after 3 students register for the course (Maximum waiting time: 2 weeks)